THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 18, 2006

Nightmare Free, and counting

Free for 3 nights now... If only I could sleep. I didn't get Madeline to bed until 11:30, I stayed in there until midnight to make sure she was asleep. I laid in my bed for over two hours until I could fall asleep. Seriously. Seven thirty came all too early. I don't know how Danielle does the staying awake for days at a time thing.

I let Madeline sleep in this morning until about 8:15. Who wants a grumpy two year old? Pas moi!! But I had showered and brushed and make-up'd already. When she did get good and awake, she looked at me and said, "Pretty." I don't know if she was fishing for a compliment through her messy hair and half pj'd and half normal clothes or saying it to me. I'm going with "to me." Which was too cute. But I knew that!

When I got her to daycare, the director again came up to me and told me how well my daughter is doing. She said that her skills and vocabulary make her seem older than just over two. Makes this mom swell a little. Just to know that someone (unbias, b/c you ppl would fit into the "bias" category) else knows that she's intelligent beyond her years.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh Maddie Mo. I can SO picture her and her half-dressed self. Too cute

Jessica said...

You describe the scene so well - it must have been quite a morning - love the French thrown in there :) - glad that Maddie's doing so well in school and that you're getting to hear all about it

Danielle said...

Ya, I didn't get the french stuff. thanks man :)