THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

On Getting Older...

This morning "The Princess" and I slept in. It was nice, but I like to have her to "school" before 9, as her "class" starts around 9am. We awoke at 8am. I decided to get her ready and forego my normal pick out clothes, etc. for myself (don't worry, I did brush and wash before we left). I grabbed a clean long sleeved Tee from the drawer. As I was putting it on, I realized that this particuliar shirt was nearly five years old. Besides that, there were OLDER Tees lying next to it. Tees from 1999. Seriously. I put on the long sleeved "Thespian" shirt and went on my way.

On campus today, I joked in my head (I do that instead of talking out loud to myself), that some other girl had "my" back pack, and that I should bet her that mine was older. Then I realized how old mine was and wanted to cry. I realized that my ex bought this back pack for my for my nineteenth birthday. I'm 23.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my. we need to think positive. we are NOT old!! I think I told you that you were old but I was just joking! I re-tract it. LOL

And joking to yourself inside your head? too funny

Jessica said...

That is soo sad but true! I do the same thing when I look through my wardrobe and wonder when was the last time I got new clothes. The backpack thing was bad though - we may have to put that on your Christmas list! :)